|Drafted By||Tracy Whitelaw||Approved on||04/12/2018|
|Responsible person||Tracy Whitelaw||Scheduled review date||04/12/2020|
The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society and the performance of Tribus345’s mission.
Tribus345 accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations – in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the Australian social discourse.
Tribus345 aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
Tribus345 is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
It is the responsibility of the Tribus345 Directors to establish and maintain policies and procedures and to bring these procedures into effect and implementation.
- Tribus345 will develop guidelines for staff, volunteers and users to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
- Tribus345 will act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. It will promptly report any such incidents to the relevant authorities and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Tribus345 will, use reasonable endeavours to, reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Tribus345 will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Tribus345 will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Tribus345 will use all reasonable endeavours to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
- Tribus345 will, use reasonable endeavours to, utilise its particular knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge and methods.